Cheese Maker Job in United States of America-3rd Shift Job 2020
Join Land O’Lakes, and you join boundless thinkers and doers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with some of America’s favorite brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, WinField United, Vermont Creamery and KozyShack, and more.
You’ll be joining a team committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the grain that animals eat to produce milk, to marketing the final product, like our many legendary products.
We’re looking for audacious optimists and innovative thinkers to help us meet food’s toughest challenges.
Cheese Maker Job in United States of America-3rd Shift Job 2020
On those promises, we obtained the B-Corp certification back in 2014. Our dairy products have won more than 100 national and international awards. Our butter and cheeses populate some of the most prestigious cheese boards in America. But what makes us proudest perhaps is that we have sustained a team of family farms and creamery artisans. Together we thrive making simply great cheese for discerning, appreciative eaters, home cooks and discriminating chefs alike.
Under direction of the Creamery Supervisor and Work Center 1 Team Lead, the Cheesemaker is responsible for milk and cream receiving and pasteurization. The employee takes milk and cream through each step of the cheesemaking process while following the company’s safety and quality programs, along with federal and state regulations.
JOB TITLE: Cheese Maker Job in United States of America-3rd Shift Job 2020
Sunday – Thursday, 11:00pm – 7:30am
HOURLY PAY RATE:
Education for Cheese Maker Job in United States of America-3rd Shift Job 2020:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE for Cheese Maker Job in United States of America-3rd Shift Job 2020:
* Must be attentive to detail, have good organizational skills. Familiar with machinery, food production, and dairy industry is helpful.
* 6 plus months of solid work experience in any industry
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to follow manufacturer’s specifications and direction
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Cheese Maker Job in United States of America-3rd Shift Job 2020
- 18 years or older
- Able to troubleshoot mechanical problems
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge in their functions and ability to troubleshoot and fix system issues is preferred
- Self-reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
- Ensures a safe working environment while performing assigned tasks
- Customer-focused and able to work in a collaborative team
- Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE for Cheese Maker Job in United States of America-3rd Shift Job 2020
- Experience communicating work order progress to supervisor and production operators
- Knowledge of various pieces of high tech food manufacturing processing and packaging equipment. Examples include but are not limited to baggers, palletizers, and cookers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties as assigned):
- Sets-up dismantles, cleans, and sanitizes machinery.
- Assembles pipes, connect vats, pumps, and other equipment based on the process.
- Prepares ingredients and records lot # on make sheet.
- Completes making sheets, cleaning records, lab records, and any other assigned documents.
- Takes pH, temperature, moisture on the product to control the process.
- Transfers to packaging or draining tables based on the process.
- Completes all quality and accounting paperwork.
- CIP and cleans all pipes, pumps, vats, and any equipment used.
- Performs environmental cleaning.
- Follows all procedures, GMPs, Safety, Quality, and Sanitation plans.
- Collects samples for Quality Assurance, as needed.
- Coordinates with other cheesemakers.
- Helps in tasks as assigned and/or where needed.
- Helps in other departments, as needed.
Competencies, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Must be flexible with work schedule.
- Must be attentive to detail and have good organizational skills.
- Must be effective at working independently and in small groups.
- Must be able to perform basic math addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and actively listen.
- Must be able to produce quality work at the swift pace of production.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to relate in a positive, warm and friendly manner.
- Must have a willing attitude to learn and better the Creamery and yourself.
(NOTE: the physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, and taste and smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee regularly lifts and/or moves up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 100 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving, mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places, and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, extreme cold, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
At times, you may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear, and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the hiring manager.
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company-sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment (post-offer) background check.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.