Senior Mechanical Engineer Job in America 2020
Job Description Senior Mechanical Engineer Job in America 2020
We are searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer supporting Cepheid’s molecular diagnostics instrument platform as a key player in the Hardware Systems Engineering group.
Our team needs your broad and deep experience in hardware design and development to expand the capabilities of Cepheid’s Product Development engineering team.
You will be relied upon as a key hands-on interdisciplinary specialist in a fast-paced team that is sustaining current bestselling generation instrumentation,
As well as at an architectural level developing next-generation diagnostic instrument platforms and lab automation systems.
This is a Senior role within the Mechanical team, which is part of a larger team comprised of mechanical, electrical, and optical engineers passionate about the common goal of developing and commercializing Cepheid’s world-impacting molecular diagnostic platforms.
The successful candidates will have strong technical skills in Mechanical Engineering. He/she will have demonstrated leadership in driving teams to develop and successfully release complex diagnostics systems.
Essential Job Responsibilities in Senior Mechanical Engineer Job in America 2020
- Confirmed product development/commercialization experience within a risk-control framework.
- Define, design, test, develop, and validate new products. Continuously document progress during define, design, validation, and verification phase, and prepare final reports.
- Specialist in building technical depth in the organization and ensuring design output meets DFX (Manufacturability, Serviceability, and Reliability) requirements.
- Maintain and/or improve existing products to achieve better quality and/or cost reductions. Coordinate with vendors to optimize Design for Manufacturability (DFM).
- Proficient in the application of drawing standards that meet ANSI Y14.5 requirements.
- Expert knowledge of Mechanical Design tools (SolidWorks and PDM Workgroup.).
- Experienced knowledge of advanced analysis tools such as FEA, reliability, CFD, and tolerance.
- Authoritative at designing production fixtures/assembly schemes for high-quality, low-cost manufacture.
- Knowledge in machining & similar fabrication techniques, CNC machining experience.
- Demonstrated analytical/experimental problem-solving skills to understand hardware, software, reagents, and consumables issues and to be able to quickly analyze and resolve system inter-operability problems.
- Demonstrated process subject area and documentation practices to assure functionality, safety, reliability, and quality of the product.
- Write and release Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) for engineering drawings and Bills of Material (BOMs)
- Specialist in design methods that enable the production of sophisticated, integrated instrumentation for high-volume manufacture at low cost (injection molding, die casting, stamped metal parts, etc)
- Fast learner, self-motivated, willing to work outside the job description.
- Ability to work well with deadlines participate in multiple projects and meet timeframes.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills, drive, and self-initiative to deliver a clear business outcomes. Lead and mentor team members while driving activities within and across functional groups.
- Independently research solutions, fix, and resolve sophisticated engineering issues. Analyzes data conducts experimental tests and evaluates results.
- Communication of results and progress to executive leadership.
- Provide recommendations for investigation direction and/or countermeasures.
- Recommend and implement improvements to current design, procedures, and processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge and skills.
- Most meaningfully, the associate should exhibit the desire and ability to collaborate and excel in teamwork and communication, as well as the ability to work independently without mentorship.
- Present technical data, including issues, risks, and opportunities to multi-functional audiences, including New Product Introduction Engineering, Systems Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Regulatory, Customer Care, and Manufacturing as well as other multi-functional teams.
Minimum Requirements for Senior Mechanical Engineer Job in America 2020
Education and Experience (in years):
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 12+ years of experience OR
- Master’s degree in ME with 10+ years of experience.
- 10+ years of responsibilities in product development and product support.
- Experience in working in diagnostics, medical device, life sciences, or biotechnology industry
- Experience in confirmed, hands-on mechanical design/integration for commercial instrumentation/consumer products.
Knowledge & Skills for Senior Mechanical Engineer Job in America 2020
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong technical background in mechanical engineering fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system.
- Ability to work multi-functionally, solve, and resolve sophisticated engineering problems by analyzing existing product issues and performance.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (including soft and hard tooling, machining, injection molding, wire EDM, electropolishing, brazing, heat treatment, etc).
- Good understanding of motor controls, tolerance stack up, molding processes, thermal management and simulation, finite element analysis, computational Fluid Dynamics, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and apparatus, such as electric motors, sensors, LED, machinery controls, PCBA, cable harness, touch screen, LCD, battery, printer, and scanners.
- Experience in contract manufacturer product transfer, and medical/Biotech industry.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills.
Preferred Experience for Senior Mechanical Engineer Job in America 2020
- Proficient in SolidWork, FEA, CFD, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with design of experiments (DoE)
- Experience with NPI process, and Design Control process
- Experience of the medical regulatory process
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment and/or within manufacturing operations under cGMP, ISO, and FDA regulations
- Experience with root cause analysis techniques and documentation of results
- Experience with Data analysis using MiniTab, Origin, Mathematica, Matlab, or equivalent software. Experience with basic statistics.
- Experience in Agile methodology
Physical demands for Senior Mechanical Engineer Job in America 2020
- Ability to work in an office environment and lift 25 lbs.
- Occasional travel required.