Senior Engineer or Technical Operations Job in United States 2020
Job Description Senior Engineer or Technical Operations Job in the United States 2020
Our Engineers support internal and external manufacturing operations remain operational, continuously improve and innovate. With our extensive range of facilities and environments, our Engineers have opportunities across many diverse areas including Biological, Chemical, Automation, Capital Projects, Maintenance, Safety, Process Development, Technical Services, Utilities and Validation.
Our Company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
Position Description Senior Engineer or Technical Operations Job in United States 2020:
As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career. At the campus in Elkton, Virginia, we are seeking candidates for a Senior Specialist, Engineering position in our Technical Operations Team to support utilities operations. The manufacturing facility is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains a short distance from the University of Virginia and James Madison University.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply their enthusiasm and technical skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the operation of pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, vaccine product manufacturing facilities. If you are the kind of individual who thrives on challenge and possess the technical, leadership and business, and communication skills that are of value to our business, we invite you to apply. Consistently cited as a great place to work, we discover, develop, manufacture and market a wide range of vaccines and medicines to address unmet medical needs. Each of our employees is joined by an extraordinary sense of purpose – bringing our Company’s finest achievements to people around the world.
Primary Responsibilities of Senior Engineer or Technical Operations Job in the United States 2020
- Troubleshooting utility systems, including but not limited to: clean steam generators, vapor compression stills, natural gas boilers, potable water, WFI, chillers, air handler units (AHUs), refrigeration systems humidifiers/dehumidifiers, air compressors, Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) controllers and monitors
- Management of well water systems, groundwater pumping plan, stormwater monitoring and control
- Change control management for utility systems
- Investigation of deviations of utilities systems
- Leading and conducting technical investigations, identifying root cause, conducting investigational test protocols, implementing corrective actions, and developing investigation report
- Identifying and implementing utility improvement projects and productivity improvements
- Facility & utility Drawing Maintenance
- Supporting equipment upgrade projects from basis of design development to project implementation, equipment installation and qualification and validation
- Data analysis and trending
- Training operations personnel
- Mentoring entry level engineers
- Participation in safety reviews
- Performing shift work, as needed
Position Qualifications of Senior Engineer or Technical Operations Job in United States 2020:
Education Minimum Requirements
- B.S. or M.S. degree in civil, mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering, or related disciplines and minimum six years of relevant utilities experience
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum six years of experience with utilities equipment (HVAC, clean steam generators, boilers, WFI, potable water, air compressors, chillers, groundwater wells) and knowledge of utilities processes and systems.
- Programmable logic controllers, distributed control systems, and building automation systems
- Ability to read electrical drawings, P&IDs, and understand control loops
- Effective and solid verbal and written communication skills, team skills, personal character, and ethics
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving, with a bias towards going to see problems for oneself in the field
- Ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, maintenance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and initiative-taking ability needed for continuous learning and its applications
- Strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same
Preferred Experience and Skills for Senior Engineer or Technical Operations Job in United States 2020
- Ten (10+) years of utilities
- Groundwater and stormwater management
- Project management
- Pharmaceutical or manufacturing environment
- SAP and Trackwise experience
- Change management and implementation of change management programs
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in the current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position-specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.