Mobile Engineer Job in America 2020
Job Description Summary for Mobile Engineer Job in America 2020
Responsible to ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment and systems for the assigned property(s). Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) maintaining a clean and safe working environment, performing rounds, conducting routine assessments, the performance of day-to-day preventive and corrective maintenance, painting, and housekeeping for assigned properties.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities for Mobile Engineer Job in America 2020
• Maintain heating equipment, chillers (air and/ or water-cooled), DX units, pumps, cooling towers, fan coil units, VAV, and air distribution systems, etc.
• Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, steam stations, control gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers, and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings
• Verify field conditions and perform any necessary repairs or adjustments
• Monitor Energy Management
• Repair doors, ceilings, hand railings, and floors and other general repairs, adjustments, and installations about the property
• Perform repairs to plumbing fixtures (water closets, urinals, flush valve assemblies, lavatories, etc.)
• Perform preventive maintenance duties in accordance with C&W standards, building protocol, manufacturer recommendations, and industry best practices. including changing filters, cleaning coils, flushing condensers, punching tubes, greasing fan, pump, and motor bearings as required, inspecting and adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning pulleys and shafts, monitor condenser, chilled, heating and secondary water chemical treatment, and its associated feed equipment, clean and maintain cooling towers, and perform annual inspections and other scheduled routines as directed.
• Inspect engine room equipment, fan room equipment, cooling tower, all motors, house pumps, electric rooms, back-up generator, fire pump(s), sump pump(s), and ejector pumps. Replace lamps, light fixtures, reinstall or replace signage, verify rooms are clean and clear of obstructions and debris
• Check for properly operating emergency exit signs and lights and ensure free and clear access to emergency stairs and exits. Perform additional fire and life safety inspections as per NFPA and local jurisdiction, C&W standards, building protocol and as directed by superiors and property management
• Document and report activities to supervisor
• Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits
• Complete all required C&W Safety Training as scheduled annually
• Comply with C&W Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hours
Key Competence Mobile Engineer Job in America 2020
• Technical Proficiency
• Sense of Urgency
• High School Diploma of GED Equivalent
• Graduate of apprentice program or trade school preferred
IMPORTANT EXPERIENCE for Mobile Engineer Job in America 2020
5+ years of related work experience in operating mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems in a commercial property setting
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS for Mobile Engineer Job in America 2020
• Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses, such as Refrigeration Certificate of Fitness, High-Pressure Boiler License, High-Pressure Steam Operator, etc.)
• May be required to have certification as a Universal Technician for CFC’s depending on market licensure requirements
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record with periodic checks (where applicable)
• Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
• Experience in operation, maintenance, and basic repair of HVAC, boilers, heaters, pumps, refrigerant systems, compressors, water systems, etc.
• Knowledgeable in energy management systems, techniques, and operations.
• Thorough knowledge in all building systems operations, maintenance, and repair.
Maybe an only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on-call duties.
WORK ENVIRONMENT for Mobile Engineer Job in America 2020
his job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS for Mobile Engineer Job in America 2020
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must have the ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
• Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
• Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
• Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
• Ability to read and understand the information presented orally and in writing
• Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing the reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.