IT Developer in United States of America Job in 2020
The Florida Blue IT team develops and manages next-generation solutions, systems, and assets that support this mission. Working in a collaborative, creative, and fun environment, we offer technology professionals a wide range of opportunities to utilize and further develop their skills while helping people live healthier lives.
Job Summar of IT Developer in United States of America Job in 2020
IT Developers are responsible for the development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions. IT Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications, participation in unit testing and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products. IT Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application. IT Developers are assigned to intermediate level development projects.
Requirement Experience Work for IT Developer in United States of America Job in 2020
- 3+ years of related work experience. Experience Details: IT development/programming/coding professional work experience
- Required Education: High school diploma or GED
Additional Requirement Qualification for IT Developer in United States of America Job in 2020
- Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Proficiency using versioning tools
- Thorough knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated database and SQL skills
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
- Proficiency programming in more than one object-oriented programming language
- Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- Proficiency using debugging tools
- Strong critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field IT related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
- Relevant Development certifications
The Skills you Bring for IT Developer in United States of America Job in 2020
- Write code for intermediate level system designs. Write programs that span platforms. Code and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs.
- Review code developed by other Associate and IT Developers.
- Provide input to and drive programming standards.
- Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems. Identify integration points.
- Report missing elements found in the system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystems to team members.
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. Seeks review by more senior or Advanced IT Developers.
- “Scope” time, resources, etc., required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, or Project Managers on estimates.
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. May need assistance from other IT Developers and team members to debug more complex errors.
- Supports the transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated. May require more coordination points for subsystems.
- Researches vendor products/alternatives. Assists with vendor product gap analysis/comparison.
- Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- Ensure all SDLC guidelines are adhered to as defined by the SDLC Office to support audit compliance.
General Physical Demands
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
- Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.